KICK START A VIDEO GAME CLUB FOR YOUR SCHOOL!
Beta Masters Video Game Design Club follows a real-world production process for planning and developing innovative game prototypes just like the pros. Formatted in a sequence of 12 two-hour afterschool sessions, Beta Masters Video Game Design Club can be scheduled over a 3-6 week period at the discretion of your school. Club members form studio teams that will design, build and publish original games to the Construct Arcade for people around the world to play! Advisors utilize our club handbook consisting of detailed session plans with structured presentations, engaging video tutorials and organizational tools to help studios efficiently manage the stages of the production process.
A background in Computer Science is not required for students or Advisors!
For Middle & High School Students
Cost: $25 per club member
(*The software license is good for 60 days.)
Min. Enrollment: 2 students
Max. Enrollment: Whatever your school and staff can handle!
What you will learn at Beta Masters:
- The core concepts of computer programming and video game design
- How to build a technical game design document
- A respect and appreciation for careful time management, strategic priority-setting, effective communication and goal-oriented collaboration
- Strategies for critical thinking and problem-solving
- Best practices for public speaking—ability to pitch and present work
“BETA MASTERS IS A GREAT PROGRAM THAT COVERS ALL ASPECTS OF STEM!
MY STUDENTS HAD A GREAT TIME CREATING THEIR OWN VIDEO GAMES!”