pitch, design & build an issue-focused game in just 5 days!
Beta Masters follows a real-world production process for planning and developing innovative game prototypes just like the pros. With a passion for social entrepreneurship, students develop video game concepts with a Global Goals focus and take them from ideation to completion in 5 days. They will push their computational learning to the next level, creating original graphics with Piskel and bringing them to life using the powerful, cloud-based game engine, Construct 3, all with one goal in mind: securing seed investments from friends and family at Friday’s beta release party! No experience is required.
What you will learn at Beta Masters:
- The core concepts of computer programming and video game design
- How to build a technical game design document
- Strategies for critical thinking and problem-solving
- Best practices for public speaking—ability to pitch and present work
- Exploration of the U.N. Global Goals for Sustainable Development
“BETA MASTERS IS A GREAT PROGRAM THAT COVERS ALL ASPECTS OF STEM!
MY STUDENTS HAD A GREAT TIME CREATING THEIR OWN VIDEO GAMES!”
– Kristin K., Liberty Junior High, Richardson, TX
Explore All Future Genius Programs