Election season has arrived for our future leaders as they prepare a Global Goals candidate for a public caucus.
An important exploration of political media and grassroots campaigning, Future Genius Election 2020 challenges youth to become informed and involved in our political process. Students will become masters of media and communication, leaning on their skills in technology and collaboration to prepare both digital and traditional assets in support of their campaign.
Ongoing learning throughout the week builds familiarity with the nuances of important political issues and the confidence needed to communicate and debate with others. Global Goals campaign teams will develop strategy, design campaign materials, and prepare for a Friday caucus in which friends and family will cast their vote for the winning candidate!
At Future Genius, your child will learn:
- Strategies to be critical consumers of information
- Nuances of the American political process and media coverage
- How to plan and build a project as part of a team
- Strategies for efficient collaboration, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Best practices for public speaking — ability to pitch and present work
- Exploration of important local and global issues