Election season has arrived for our future leaders as they prepare a Global Goals candidate for a primary election.
An important exploration of political media and grassroots campaigning, Election challenges youth to become informed and involved in our political process. Students will become masters of media and communication, leaning on their skills in technology and collaboration to create both digital and traditional assets in support of their Global Goals campaign. Teams will develop strategy, design campaign materials, and prep for a primary election in which friends and family will cast their vote for the winning candidate!
What you will learn at Election:
- Strategies to become critical consumers of information
- Nuances of the American political process and media coverage
- How to plan and build a project as part of a team
- Strategies for efficient collaboration, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Best practices for public speaking—ability to pitch and present work
- Exploration of the U.N. Global Goals for Sustainable Development
Projects from Election Students
Click on any of the thumbnails below to view sample projects created by students during a week at last year’s Election virtual camp.
Equality Campaign Ad
Climate Change Campaign Ad
Healthcare Campaign Ad
Coronavirus Campaign Ad
“The instructors were great! Thank you!!!”
~ Irina P, Hanover, NH
EXPLORE ALL FUTURE GENIUS PROGRAMS
Video Game Design
Digital Arts for Girls